Vetus Auximon

Vetus Auximon
Osimo, in the Ancona province of the Marche region

Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Sharing some pics to get started...

Hello everybody...this is my first post of my first blog....so I shall keep it very short and hopefully visual if I can conquer uploading photos!

I live in the very beautiful and unspoilt Marche region of central Italy. 
Here is a link for anyone who wants to know more about the area: Le Marche And maybe come and visit!

This is a photo of my house -
n
ot a great shot but gives you an idea of what it looks like.  

We live in the country and are surrounded by farming land. We have 77 olive trees and produce our own organic olive oil. 

We also have quite a well stocked vegetable garden in summer...nowt in winter (lazy lot that we are)! 


Sunflowers surrounding the garden last summer.

Organic veggies from the garden. 



Sunflowers in the background.....so remind me of summer!

Our lemon tree...with lemons!

Frontignano, Sibillini mountains - autumn colours

I love walking in the mountains....you can walk for hours and hours in the Sibillini without seeing a single person, house, trace of civilization...and the colours...wonderful!






5 comments:

  1. I love the house, Sarah! What a lucky girl you are!
    I saw this movie in which two women exchanged their houses for a holiday-fancy that?
    I am willing, though my house is in mundane Delhi. But just to bribe you-we are just 3 hours from Jaipur, 4 hours from the Taj Mahal....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done! And I see you mastered photos quite nicely (quite in the US sense).

    Also good to see you including links, as in the one to Le Marche. One thing to think about w/ links is to add an HTML tag to link so that it opens in a new window. That way the reader doesn't have to navigate back to your blog after looking at the link.

    I can't use all the code examples in Blogger's comments box, but here is a quick tutorial if you're interested. Totally not required at this introductory stage of the blogosphere!

    http://www.echoecho.com/htmllinks10.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! It's nice to see both sides of you at a glance!
    I'll come back to your blog and explore your links very soon. And I hope I'll also come back very soon to Osimo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Dee Dee!!!! Sure there is nothing mundane about Delhi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juanita's comment:
    tried to post a comment on your blog, but I couldn’t! I clicked on the post a comment button, but it wouldn’t post. Here’s my comment:

    Oh my gosh! You live in paradise. How absolutely wonderful! I thought that places like this were only in novels and British movies. Your son is lucky to get to grow up in such an amazing environment. Among your photos, I especially like the basket of vegetables. They look so naturally beautiful and radiate good health.

    I look forward to seeing other glimpses of your idyllic domicile. Please share more!

    Juanita

    ReplyDelete